Dear staff and supervisors,
Patricia Ball sent an email Friday 8/6 from SEHD leadership describing remote work policy updates and the action steps needed from staff who would like to work from home.
Staff should discuss remote work arrangements with their supervisor and obtain a supervisor justification narrative prior to completing the electronic Remote Work Participation Agreement Form.
This form should be completed as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday August 25th to allow time for review and approval by 9/1.
When completing the form, please use the SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu email address for Department Approver/Unit Human Resources Business Partner, and Theresa Anderson’s name as the HR Business Partner.
In case you didn’t receive the email on 8/6/21, the full text is below. Let us know if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
From: Ball, Patricia <Patricia.email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, August 6, 2021 2:49 PM
Subject: Action Needed by 8/25/2021: Remote Work Participation Agreement
Dear SEHD Staff and Supervisors,
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Alternate Work Arrangements policy was recently revised and approved. This policy replaces the old Alternative Work Arrangements policy. The new electronic process replaces the former paper Flexplace Participation form. The policy was effective June 1, 2021 for the Denver Campus and effective September 1, 2021, documentation for employee remote work arrangements as provided for under that policy is required. To comply with the policy, employees need to submit new remote work requests using the electronic Remote Work Participation Agreement Form.
Prior to completing the electronic form, the staff member should discuss with their supervisor and obtain from their supervisor a justification narrative (using the attached template) explaining the reason for remote work and the benefit to the university in agreeing to the arrangement. Please consider your role and responsibilities when requesting a proposed alternate work arrangement. The purpose of the unit/office is an important consideration. Some positions are student facing roles and may have less flexibility when it comes to campus presence. The staff member will need to copy/paste the supervisor justification into the electronic Remote Work Participation Agreement Form. When completing the form, please use the SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu email address for Department Approver/Unit Human Resources Business Partner, and Theresa Anderson’s name as the HR Business Partner.
SEHD HR will review requests and route to the Deans for approval each Wednesday. Please allow one to two weeks to receive departmental approval of your request. This means SEHD HR should receive requests by 8/25/2021 (earlier would be better, since we expect a high volume) to meet the September 1st effective date.
Alternative work schedules and/or remote work is an option, not an entitlement, and such arrangements do not change the terms and conditions of employment. A unit or school/college may decide not to permit alternative work schedules and/or remote work due to the nature of their operations. Some departments may not be able to implement alternative work schedules or remote or partially-remote work arrangements due to the responsibilities, structure, size, or priorities of the department or of individual jobs.
All alternative work schedules and/or remote work arrangements must be reviewed on a regular basis (to be determined at the unit level) or at a minimum as part of the annual performance review. Your supervisor will determine the review schedule. Alternative work schedules and/or remote work arrangements do not affect a supervisor’s ability to change work expectations or the employee’s work schedule. Alternative work schedules and/or remote work arrangements will be reviewed across the year and may be discontinued or modified at any time.
If you are submitting this form as part of an accommodation request under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), you must first contact HR.ADAcoordinator@ucdenver.edu.
Submission of these forms will aid in university space planning and will ensure the university has documentation of all employees who are working remotely on a regular basis.
- This form needs to be completed if you are:
- A Staff member (Classified, University, and 9-Month Temporary) who has been assigned an office or has access to a workspace on campus and is requesting to work full/part-time remotely.
- A Staff member (Classified, University, and 9-Month Temporary)who lives and works outside of Colorado or the USA.
- This form should be submitted only for remote work that is regularly scheduled (e.g. – 1 or more days per week).
- This form should not be submitted if your remote work arrangement is not regularly scheduled, is ad hoc, or is on a very occasional basis.
- Student Employees are not required to complete this form.
- Professional Research Assistants are not required to complete this form, unless required by your unit.
- Please use this form to submit a new remote work request for your current position. A new form will be required if filling out for another role.
- If you wish to amend an existing agreement, you are required to submit this form again.
- Remote work participation agreements are subject to re-evaluation by the Supervisor and are subject to review by the Appointing Authority.
- All submitted forms are reviewed by your Supervisor, Dean, and Unit Human Resources Business Partner (SEHD HR) for acknowledgment. You will receive a full copy of the acknowledgment via email.
For additional questions, please email your department Human Resources Business Partners at SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu.
Barbara, Scott and Tricia
Associate Dean of Teacher Education & Undergraduate Experiences
1380 Lawrence Street Center, #740
University of Colorado Denver
|Scott C Bauer (he, him, his) | Co-Interim Dean
Professor & Associate Dean, Advanced Education & Doctoral Programs CU Denver School of Education & Human Development
1380 Lawrence St. | Room 612 | Denver, CO 80204
firstname.lastname@example.org GOOGLE VOICE: 720-900-1017
|Patricia Ball | Assistant Dean of Finance and HR
Dean’s Office | School of Education & Human Development
University of Colorado Denver