Colorado Youth for a Change Back to School Night – Wednesday, September 16

As you may know, I serve on the Board of Directors for an incredible nonprofit called Colorado Youth for a Change. We help hundreds of young people reenroll in school after dropping out each year, and we support thousands of others (Pre-K all the way through age 21) who are showing early warning signs of dropping out: chronic absenteeism, course failure, or reading deficiencies. Many of our students are facing homelessness, food insecurity, or other factors that make the prioritization of school a challenge.

COVID-19 has presented real challenges for our students and families, and we anticipate tripling our outreach efforts this year as a result. I love this work and am humbled by the stories of resilience I hear each day, where students are completely changing their trajectories through education.

Our biggest event of the year is going virtual, so I wanted to share the registration link below. I’d love for you to consider registering. There’s no cost, and you’ll get a link September 13 about our silent and live auctions. You can bid through your phone in the comfort of your own home. We’re also streaming the program September 16 from 7-8 on FB Live, and the final 20 minutes will be a national comedian to bring some humor into your home.

Below is the link. No pressure to bid on anything but there are some fun packages – beer, tequila, restaurants, golf, museums…and the live auction includes Hamilton tickets, several mountain getaways, trips to both the Oregon Coast and Cancun, and much more.

https://youthforachange.org/events/back-to-school-night/

-Ed Cannon