Dr. Marvin Lynn Joins CU Denver as the 5th Dean of the School of Education & Human Development

“I’m delighted to have this opportunity to lead our school into the future,” said Lynn. “Our foundation is successful and strong, thanks to the bold vision of previous school leaders, including Dr. Rebecca Kantor, and our dedicated faculty and staff. I’m truly grateful to Scott Bauer and Barbara Seidl for solidly co-leading as interim deans over the past year. CU Denver is an equity-serving institution that cares deeply about its increasingly diverse surrounding community. As a new leader, I’m trying to get to know people and get acclimated to the culture. I believe it is important to respect the humanity and the culture of all my colleagues and students while understanding that everybody has an important contribution to make as we move the SEHD forward. The SEHD is a highly regarded and successful school. I plan to grow SEHD’s success by keeping my fingers on the pulse of the academic and mental health needs of our community, the state, and the region. We already have a powerful reputation for developing and creating innovative programs, projects, and learning opportunities for current and future students. I hope we can continue that tradition.”

Read the full article on CU Denver News