It’s that time of year when we ponder important questions about evaluation and craft our answers in the form of AEA conference proposals. This year’s AEA theme is Paths to the Future of Evaluation: Contribution, Leadership, Renewal. It’s difficult to think of a conference theme more perfectly aligned with the interests and passions of the Teaching of Evaluation TIG, and we hope you will consider sharing your work in Minneapolis. There are many ways you can encompass the conference theme, including addressing questions such as:
- What have (and should) evaluator educators contribute to the professionalization of the field?
- How can educators be leaders in evaluation?
- How can educators prepare future evaluation leaders?
- What role(s) should universities play in preparing evaluators? What role(s) should professional associations play?
- How can principles of teaching and learning apply to building evaluation capacity in organizations?
- How can the teaching of evaluation be more inclusive?
- How can teaching of evaluation be used to foster diversity in the field?
Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the submission guidelines and proposal types ( https://www.eval.org/p/cm/ld/fid=686 ). Proposals are due 18 March, 2019.