The CU Denver Center for Faculty Development (CFD) is getting ready to roll out a fantastic Provost funded professional development opportunity for faculty. In 2018-2019 we will be offering the ACUE Course in Effective Teaching Practice, a 25 module, online course that prepares college educators to use the research-based techniques shown to help students succeed. We are recruiting up to 40 course takers to participate in the ACUE Course. I hope that several SEHD faculty we be part of our cohort!
Benefits of encouraging faculty participation in ACUE for Program Head or Department Chairs:
- Improve instructional quality in your area and enhance student success.
- Reward your best faculty members.
- Promote your up and coming teaching stars.
- Give faculty members who are working toward RTP an opportunity to develop and document teaching excellence.
- Provide a valuable training opportunity and a perk to CTT, Instructors, and Senior. Instructors whose primary responsibility is teaching.
- Offer support to faculty members who may need to build their teaching skills.
- Use participation in ACUE as evidence of alignment with school/college and university strategic priorities.
- Use participation in ACUE for evidence in reaccreditation processes.
Benefits to Faculty:
- Earn a nationally recognized Certificate in Effective College Instruction (endorsed by American Council on Education).
- Build and diversify your evidence of teaching excellence for RTP and merit review.
- Enhance student engagement, motivation, and learning.
- Meet and learn with your faculty colleagues from across campus.
- Improve your FCQs.
- Enhance your enjoyment of teaching.
- Improve student performance in your classes.
Interested faculty can:
- Explore the ACUE website and Tour a Course Module
- Read the ACUE Course project description on the CFD Website
- Explore the tentative CU Denver ACUE Course Sequence and Schedule
- Apply to be considered for participation. (DEADLINE: Friday, April 13)
Margaret C. Wood, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Faculty Development
Professor of Anthropology
University of Colorado Denver
1380 Lawrence Street, Suite 320
Denver, CO 80204