December 1, 2016 – SAC Meeting Minutes


SEHD SAC Meeting
Thursday, December 1 2016 at 3p.m.
Location: Lawrence Street Center, Room 620
In Attendance: Jessica Coon, Rachel Cornelius, Shelley Gomez, Lindsay Harn, Tony Romero, Bridget Sabo

Items To Discuss

  • Staff of the Month Nomination (postpone to January)
  • Calendar of Events:
    • December
      • December 2 – Tour Jerry Wartgow Welcome Center in the Q (Academic Commons)
        • Report back on decorations and plates, etc.
        • m. – Meet in Student Commons
      • December 7 – Cookie Exchange @ 2p.m.
        • Post a flyer on Impact (Rachel) – Student Commons
          • Three dozen cookies (bring your own recipe)
          • Lindsay to bring camera and take photos of each
          • Post a doodle and vote on the best tasting cookie
          • Bring your own Tupperware!
          • Store-bought cookies can get you entry, but not into the contest.
          • Prize for the cookie winner (prize for tastiest…prettiest…most original)– $10 per category winner.
          • Vote by 5p.m. on December 13, winners announced at Winter Party
        • December 14 – Winter Party @ 11:30 a.m.
          • Rachel to bring ham
          • Sign-up sheet (Jessica to create)
            • Cups (Tony)
            • Napkins, plates, forks (Rachel)
            • Drinks (Bridget & Lindsay)
          • Flyer on Impact and around the school (Rachel)
            • White Elephant
            • Potluck
            • Trivia Game (Jessica) and/or Holiday Bingo (Lindsay’s students)
            • Holiday word search? Or cross-word; giant boggle? (Bridget’s Work Study)
          • Decorations—Scour floors for winter decorations
            • Lamps??? And lightbulbs… (J to bring light bulbs)
              • J’s Office – yellow
              • LSC 620 lamp
              • Rachel’s lamp
            • 9:30 setup, let’s meet 7th Floor – Student Commons
              • Bring extra help if you can!
            • January
              • Community Service (Shelley)
            • February
              • February 2 – Lunch N Learn (Team Building)
              • SAC Meeting (invite Diversity Team & Dean)
                • Possible lead in to a lunch n’ learn?
                • Ask why there isn’t a staff member on the diversity committee
                • Discuss lack of relevancy towards staff
                • Staff always feel like an ‘after thought’
                • Diversity Meeting-solicit feedback and thoughts from staff
                • Do we want to invite the dean to discuss relevancy of staff meetings? Possible Zoom invite.
              • March –Staff Meeting (date is TBD)
                • Tech Team wants to present
                • Diversity Team wants to present
              • April – Lunch N’Learn
              • June— 3rd Annual Staff BBQ