Crucial Conversations Training teaches skills for communicating when stakes are high,
opinions vary, and emotions run strong. Put our award-winning training to work and
you’ll be able to surface the best ideas, make high-quality decisions, and act on those
decisions with unity and commitment. This course will teach you the techniques of how
to deal with difficult situations such as:
• People who cannot resolve conflicts or come to an agreement.
• People who withhold feedback and important information from management.
• There are undiscussable issues.
• You do not know how to start a tough conversation.
• The environment seems emotional and political.
Registration: In order to proceed with registration, please have the approval from your
To register, please follow the instructions below.
1) Sign into the UCD Access/portal using your University username and password
2) Click on the CU Resources tab at the top of the page
3) Then click on the Training tab
– Select, Start SkillSoft
4) A new window will open, select Catalog located on the left hand side of the screen
– Next, select the content folder labeled CU Instructor Led Training, and then select the folder labeled CU: Denver Human Resources
– The CU: Denver Human Resources folder has all the instructor led courses that are offered
– Select Crucial Conversations and then Show Details
If you are interested in attending the training, please register for a training as soon as possible. In order to complete the registration process, please have the approval of your department Administrator/Chair or designee and they can forward a speed type where your course materials will be charged to Melissa Flippin, HR Assistant at HR.TrainingRegistration@ucdenver.edu.