SEHD Quarterly Staff Meeting
Tuesday, February 24 from 11:30-1p.m.
Location: Lawrence Street Center 1150
Attendance: Agena, Anderson, Burrows, Carroll, Clark, Coon, Cornelius, Cummings, Detrie, Emerson, Haug, Hines, Hurt, Kelm, Levy, Linenberger, Lopez, Nimer, Schell, Snyder-Mondragon, Frisk, Harn, Halliday, Zion, Navarro-Gomez, Madera, Ponton, Sarcedo, Hallett, Riepe, Ball, Gallegos
What’s New with the SAC
- Employee Recognition Committee
- Recognition Council is now a committee of the SAC and is now the Recognition Committee
- Thank You, You Made My Day cards are back up again with a few upcoming changes
- Will create an online form to submit commendations online
- Givers & Receivers will both be recognized and submitted in a drawing for a gift card
- Will establish a webpage on the SAC site for employee recognition to be posted publically
- Summer BBQ
- It was voted that a BBQ should be held during the month of June at Rocky Mountain Lake Park. A doodle poll will follow to establish a date.
- SAC Roles are:
- Vice-Chairs -Michelle Nimer & Melissa Burrows
- Treasurer – Lindsay Harn
- Secretary – Jessica Coon
- At-Large/Head of Recognition Committee – Rachel Cornelius
- Our Purpose: to be a liaison between staff and management, to better working relationships among staff and faculty, to help staff grow and improve.
- Professional Development Funds are still available—please apply online!
- SAC Roles are:
Updates in the SEHD
- New Hire Introductions
- Joe Madera, started January 12 as the NxtGEN Urban Recruiter
- Paula Gallegos, started January 1 as the NxtGEN Residency Undergraduate Coordinator
- Susan Detrie, Started January 19 as the Instructional Technologist/Project Coordinator on the eCALLMS grant
- Vanessa Navarro-Gomez, started a part-time staff position in December as a Project Coordinator on the NxtGEN grant
- Changes in the SEHD?
- SEHD is hosting their first Alumni Event
- Deserae Frisk is leaving the department for entrepreneurial work
- Melissa Burrows is working on a project that will add informational pieces to the hallways of the SEHD. If you have any information you think should be included, contact her.
- Aswad Allen will be hosting a golf tournament this summer.
- A branding team is working on refining/developing our department’s brand
- Information submitted after the meeting:
- Erin Linenberger to be promoted to Admin Assistant II
- Scarlett and Meredith, with the aid of professional development funds, were able to attend the Appreciative Advising Conference hosted in January. As a result, they have been able to secure the director of the conference to come and speak at our campus on March 9. Registration is required: http://bit.ly/Appreciative2015.
- Staff met and brainstormed ideas regarding professional development opportunities (both personal and professional), department improvement ideas, as well as overall feedback.
- SAC can only help staff to the extent that staff open up to the council—we are here for you!