Curriculum Committee Minutes
Date: March 6, 2023
- Ed Cannon – Committee Chair
- Jorge Chavez
- Kristie Kauerz
- Remi Kalir (sabbatical)
- Andrea Laser
- Julia Mahfouz
- Scott McLeod (sabbatical)
- Laura Summers
- Shakira Anderson
- Shannon Hagerman (CPE)
- GENERAL BUSINESS & REVIEW/DISCUSSIONS:
- COURSE PROPOSAL/REVISION REQUESTS:
Status Item(s) Presenter
Approved Pathways2Teaching Margarita Bianco
- UEDU 1930 Intro to Socially Just Education
- UEDU 1930 is a concurrent enrollment course offered in several high school districts.
- This is a year-long course, and students only receive 3 credit hours.
- UEDU 1930 will be split into two courses. Part I, taken in the fall, will focus on social justice issues in education and teachers as social justice agents.
- UEDU 1931 Intro to Socially Just Education: Social Action Plan
- Part II, UEDU 1931, taken in the spring, will focus on students developing a social action plan.
- Students receive step-by-step instructions and hands on support to write a lit review.
- Work with the Teacher Ed Leadership Team (TELT) to possibly find a course equivalent for UEDU 1931.