Lisa Forbes – Committee Chair
GENERAL BUSINESS & REVIEW/DISCUSSIONS:
Brainstorm ideas for instructor appointments – how can we improve the process?
- There needs to be a SEHD policy change.
- Can we set a deadline several months before the semester?
- Recruit a pool of applicants that are approved and ready to slide into open courses.
- Bring HR in as a part of this conversation, along with the programs/leads.
- Tie to program strategic plans to have a robust pool of possible qualified/diverse instructors.
- Have all graduate students that may teach approved ahead of time.
Update on 5-year syllabi review from Program Leaders meeting:
- Overall response from the programs is the reviews are positive and helpful.
- Programs would like to see a master list of all the feedback provided.
- If programs do not submit syllabi that are up for review, the committee can use syllabi submitted for the semester.
- Program leaders like the idea of a whole program review.
All appointments approved