It’s that time of year again! As the evaluation cycle for the university staff you supervise ended on December 31, 2017, please use the supervisor checklist below for next steps and timelines.
Supervisor Year-End Evaluation Checklist
- Ask your supervisee(s) to complete the attached 2017 Evaluation Form and 2018 Professional Plan Form (page 1 only) and send them to you before you meet.
- Review and add your coaching/feedback to the 2017 Evaluation Form. Note any changes that should be made to the 2018 Professional Plan Form to ensure that it accurately reflects your expectations.
- Meet with your supervisee(s) before February 16, 2018. During the meeting:
- Review your supervisee’s 2017 Evaluation Form. Provide and discuss your written coaching/feedback.
- Review your supervisee’s job description to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Review goals and initiatives in the 2018 Professional Plan Form. Discuss how you, as the supervisor, can support them in their 2018 initiatives.
- Assign an evaluation rating and sign the attached 2017 Performance Rating Form. Provide to employee for their signature (can be done during above meeting or provided shortly thereafter).
- Submit these items (attached for your convenience) to SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu by Wednesday, February 21, 2018 for each of your supervisees:
- 2017 Evaluation Form (include supervisor feedback and must justify any score above Meeting Expectations)
- Fully signed 2017 University Staff Performance Rating Form
- Fully signed 2018 Professional Plan Form
For more performance management resources, please see Performance Management under the Supervisor Resources section on IMPACT.
Please email Patricia Ball with any questions!