SEHD SAC Meeting
Thursday, November 16, 2017, 11:30a.m. – 12:50p.m.
Location: Panera Bread
In Attendance: Rachel Cornelius, Shelley Gomez, Lindsay Harn, Bridget Sabo
Items To Discuss:
- Diversity Committee Update (Lindsay Austin to email updates to SAC):
- Had meeting with Dr. Allen
- The SEHD Diversity Committee would be happy to send out a reminder to the SEHD for upcoming events, and to encourage more faculty and staff participation.
- Add SEHD Staff Advisory Council sponsored events to faculty calendars
- Co-sponsor events? For later discussion.
- Action: Ask for support for upcoming holiday events
- Staff Advisory Council Elections:
- Action: Lindsay Harn to write out email to SEHD staff for nominations / volunteers to join the Staff Advisory Council
- Winter Party:
- Date: Wednesday, December 13th
- Room 745, 11:30-1:00
- Action: Ask for volunteers for set-up? Rachel to ask JaNet for assistance.
- Action: Decorations are in LSC. SAC members to bring lamps. Will also need tables from other rooms. Food will be set up in faculty office space adjacent to 745.
- Action: SAC provides: ham, mashed potatoes, pie/cookies, drinks, cutlery, plates, and cups. Last year spent $53.00. This year may have more money to spend. Action: Rachel to purchase.
- Raffle – 1 big prize, 2 smaller. Action: Lindsay is asking Finance Team
- Action: Who’s Who game –Ask Becky for assistance
- Action: Rachel makes the invitation and outlook calendar appointment, sign-up list
- Ask the babies to come!
- SEHD Staff & Faculty Summer BBQ:
- Date: June 9, 2018. Location TBD. Action: Rachel & Lindsay researching locations. Options so far are Cornerstone Park and Centennial Center Park.
- Give back to the community event:
- Action: Shelley will check with JaNet about CU Denver Staff Council event
- Employee of the Month Nominations:
- Nominee chosen. Action: Rachel to send out email to nominee’s supervisor and staff for support of nomination.
- Rachel met with Julia regarding notifications for employee of the month:
- Door decorations
- Maybe a lunch or breakfast with the Dean
- Recognition at Faculty and Staff events
- Dr. Allen’s email of recognition, Dean recognition
- Posting on Impact
- Make sure that the supervisors get the nominations from staff members
- Recognize all nominated employee of the month at end of year. Action: Rachel to ask JaNet
- PD Fund Requests:
- No outstanding requests for review
- Deadline for Spring PD requests: March 20, 2018. Action: Shelley will update Tony’s email and send it out. Requests before March 20th will be considered.
- Follow up Action Items:
- PD event with most votes: Yoga held on November 8, organized by Shelley (thank you!). Seven people in attendance.
- Next PD event with most votes: Stress Management talk sponsored by the Counseling Center. Will be help in April. Action: Bridget to organize the event. Has already spoken with Counseling Center and details will be finalized in January 2018.
- Faculty Meeting recap. Action: Lindsay Harn to send out email and will ask for nominations for employee of the month.
- New Hires:
- Can we put new hire information in elevators in LSC? Action: Rachel will ask Julia about hanging up stuff in the elevator
- Work anniversaries:
- 5, 10, 15 and 20+within past year
- Perhaps a message from the Dean?
- Make certificates. Post on doors, announce at retreat
- Make an Impact post
- For January?
- Staff Photo Directory Photo Day
- Action: Lindsay will coordinate photo day, one Wednesday in March, 2018
- Future Planning for AY 17-18
- December 7th –Ted Talk and cookies in Terrace Room. Action: Rachel to organize.
- Community Service Event around MLK Day. Action: Shelley researching.
- Faculty members had suggested a party outside or work. Action: Rachel will ask if faculty wants to plan the party
- Spring Semester Staff Meeting
- SEHD Staff Photo Directory Photo Day. Action: Lindsay is organizing.
- PD event – Stress Management talk hosted by Counseling Center. Action: Bridget is organizing
- 5/2/18 – Room PLA#3 available! Action: Rachel
- 4th Annual Summer BBQ, June 9th
Jessica Responsibilities – REMINDER
General web updates for any of the other SAC pages (PD fund, About Us, etc. as needed) Bridget
Review/Organize the SEHD Staff Council Email periodically – Rachel
Schedule our SAC monthly meetings – Rachel
Write the agenda – Rachel
Schedule rooms – Rachel
Keep us moving on initiatives – Rachel
Take notes at our meetings Bridget
Update the TYYMMD section of our website Bridget
Upload our meeting minutes to Impact – Bridget
Get the Dean’s approval for PD requests and send out approval notices to staff –?
Let SAC know of new hires – Shelley will contact Tricia
Update the staff directory with new hires and pictures – Lindsay