SEHD SAC Meeting
Thursday, February 9 2017 at 4p.m.
Location: Lawrence Street Center, Room 620
In Attendance: Aswad Allen, Amy Boele, Jessica Coon, Rachel Cornelius, Dorothy Garrison-Wade, Shelley Gomez, Lindsay Harn, Tony Romero, Bridget Sabo
- Diversity Team
- Diversity committee has always been given time at retreats and faculty meetings – Can we create time in our Staff meetings for them to present.
- Diversity committee is a faculty committee by the bylaws, but that does not mean a staff member cannot serve on it.
- Diversity Committee has the ability to ad-hoc in a staff member to participate in the conversations.
- SAC making the invitations more clear that Faculty is really wanted.
- SAC being more mindful about picking dates for all SEHD events and getting faculty input to build more attendance and inclusion.
- Dorothy wants one of the SAC members to come and promote the events in/at the faculty meetings. (next meeting Feb 22nd)
- Letting Faculty know what we do at SAC in person and face to face with our voice.
- They ran by Dorothy the idea of having a staff member on the committee.
- Get some dates from them that will work for attending March Staff Meeting, coordinate also with Tech Team (not week of spring break)
- Diversity Team: Amy, Diane, Lori Geismar-Ryan, Jung-in, Luis, Alissa, Aswad
- Community Service (debrief)
- Suggestions for future, get buy-in from the deans and management and possibly even faculty!
- February 14 – Lunch N Learn (Team Buildingàmoving to April 6 received Rebecca’s approval on cost/event—Estimating $500; ~20 showed interest
- March –Staff Meeting (March 7th at 9am)
- Diversity Team to present
- Jessica to send meeting invite to Deans too
- April – Lunch N’Learn
- June 17th— 3rd Annual Staff BBQ
- Sloan’s Lake