Curriculum Committee Minutes
Sept 19, 2016
- Jarrod Hanson
- Heather Johnson
- Joni Dunlap
- Dennis DeBay
- Lisa Forbes
- Cristina Gillanders
Staff: Shakira Anderson – Recorder
I. GENERAL BUSINESS & REVIEW/DISCUSSIONS:
II. COURSE PROPOSAL/REVISION REQUESTS:
RSEM 4100 Syllabus Revision
- Revisions approved for RSEM 4100: Research & Statistics in Families and Human Development.
HDFR 7260: Family Diversity & Social Justice
- Required course for the Family Science and Human Development Ph.D Concentration (EDHD Ph.D)
- Recommended to update course assignments, to allow students time submit a draft for the final paper.
EDHD 6915: Applied Project in EDHD
- Course will serve as a capstone option for the MA in Education and Human Development (EDHD).
- Guidelines for the project should be included in the student handbook.
HDFR 1050: Student Affairs Leadership Dev
- Course will provide an introduction to student affairs development practices and perspectives.
- Recommended to use points for the grading scale, instead of percentages. Also include a rubric in the syllabus.
III. GRADUATE FACULTY APPOINTMENTS:
All appointments approved
IV. OTHER ITEMS/UPDATES
Follow up on Literacy and Language Development Certificate:
LLCRT clarified the certificate name change to Diverse Leaners, from English Language Learners
(ELL) is to reflect the current content of the certificate.