Curriculum Committee Agenda
November 6, 2017
- Jarrod Hanson
- Dennis DeBay
- Lisa Forbes
- Cristina Gillanders
- Scott McLeod – not in attendance
- Lori Elliott
- Shakira Anderson
- Hilary Bruce
GENERAL BUSINESS & REVIEW/DISCUSSIONS:
The curriculum committee is working with Dean Seidl to update faculty appointments guidelines, for undergraduate courses to meet HLC accreditation standards.
COURSE PROPOSAL/REVISION REQUESTS:
Status Item(s) Presenter
Approved ECED 5320 Course Revisions Lori Ryan
- Effective Spring 2018, changing the course title of ECED 5320 to Community-Based Action Research: Capstone.
- Revising the credits hours to 3.0, and changing the course structure to run from Jan – July.
Approved MTED 3040 Math for Elementary Teachers Dennis DeBay
- Effective Fall 2018, MTED 3040: Mathematics for Elementary Teachers, will replace MATH 3040.
- MATH 3040 is a required course for SEHD undergraduate students; however the course prefix MATH, is a CLAS prefix.
- This course was created and staffed by the SEHD faculty. With the upcoming budget model, the course needs to be housed under the SEHD.