Curriculum Committee Minutes
April 17, 2017
Members: Jarrod Hanson
Staff: Shakira Anderson
I. GENERAL BUSINESS & REVIEW/DISCUSSIONS:
SEHD Syllabus Template
• Updated the SEHD syllabus template to reflect university wide policies.
• New template will be effective for the fall 2017 semester. Any new courses or revisions coming through the Curriculum Committee will require the updated template.
II. COURSE PROPOSAL/REVISION REQUESTS:
Status Item(s) Presenter(s)
Approved RSEM 7200 New Course Manuel Espinoza
• Title: Educational Ethnography: Study Learning in Family and Community
• May be cross listed with HDFR, as this course is geared towards the HDFR program.
Approved ECE Courses Lori Ryan & Alissa Rausch
• ECED 4040 Cross Listing
o Changing the title of ECED 4040 to Administrative Seminar, in order to cross list with ECED 5040.
o Cross listing the MA and BA courses to provide students with their director qualifications through the State of Colorado of Early Learning.
• ECED 4202 Title Change
o Revising the course title to Child Guidance and Classroom Community.
• ECED 5312 New Buell Course
o Title: Leading Learning Organizations
o New course part of the Buell Early Childhood Program revamping.
o Course is replacing ECED 5310 Leading Change: Professional Development, which will be deactivated.
• ECED 5850 New Course
o Title: Capstone in Early Childhood Education
o Students will no longer take ECED 6911 Practicum and comprehensive exams for the ECE MA. The Capstone will be required.
• ECED 6911 Title and Description Change
o Revising the course title to Initial Practicum and Field Experience in Early Childhood Education.
o This course will now be the initial practicum for students without Early Childhood Education experience entering the program.
III. GRADUATE FACULTY APPOINTMENTS:
All GFAs approved
IV. OTHER ITEMS/UPDATES