Curriculum Committee Minutes
- Jarrod Hanson
- Joni Dunlap
- Dennis DeBay
- Lisa Forbes
- Cristina Gillanders
Staff: Shakira Anderson – Recorder
I. GENERAL BUSINESS & REVIEW/DISCUSSIONS:
- Syllabus Template:
- Working on updating the SEHD syllabus template to make sure university policies are reflected.
- Jarrod will follow up with the Diversity Committee in regards to language around sexual and gender diversity.
- Faculty Appointments for undergraduate lecturers:
- Now that we offer undergraduate courses, the committee wants to clarify our role with respect to reviewing and approving undergraduate instructors.
- The committee will reach out to Dean Seidl to discuss role and process.
- Reviewing new courses submitted to the curriculum committee:
- The deans have requested to see new course proposals, before they come to the curriculum committee, to make sure courses align within the program scope, and to ensure there are no course duplications.
- The committee came up with two ideas:
- Add new courses to the agenda for the Program Leaders meeting. Courses can be reviewed during the meeting.
- A few days before the curriculum committee meeting, send the agenda to the deans to review new courses.
- Jarrod will work with the deans to find the best solution. The goal is to find an approval process that will not impact the overall flow of proposals coming to the committee.
II. COURSE PROPOSAL/REVISION REQUESTS:
III. GRADUATE FACULTY APPOINTMENTS:
IV. OTHER ITEMS/UPDATES