A few points of interest about our learning spaces this week…
(1) Classroom Tech: The SEHD TechTeam is wrapping up classroom technology upgrades throughout the school (rooms 600, 648, 745 and 1150). Most audio/video components have been changed out – please expect a newer/easier classroom tech experience. Primarily, there is a new control system – – the button panel on the wall. It is all very straight-forward, but if you have ANY problems or questions please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-315-6350.
(2) Mobile Labs: The mobile laptop carts have been upgraded to mobile tablet carts. We have one cart of 25 Microsoft Surface Pro tablets with SPSS installed, and we have a cart of 30 iPad Pros (small) as well. These carts are available for “check-out” in the LSC for class/student use. We will be expanding the inventory of tablet apps and promoting their use as the year rolls out. If you have ideas or recommendations for apps – please let us know! Please send all requests to email@example.com or 303-315-6350 with plenty of notice so we can plan and track appropriately.
(3) Zoom: All CU faculty, staff and students have unlimited Zoom accounts. You may host up to 100 people in one “room” without time limits. You must use your CU Denver Zoom account to take advantage of this license – you may login at http://ucdenver.zoom.us and/or run Zoom on your desktop (be sure to login w your @ucdenver.edu email). Because individual use is unlimited, we are no longer allocating ‘zoom-rooms’ to specific Canvas courses, as this is a significant drain on resources. If you’d like a 1:1 session on Zoom or assistance with setting it up in your course, please let us know – we’re happy to help. Please send all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-315-6350 with plenty of notice so we can plan and track appropriately.
(4) Canvas: Canvas shells should be automagically created for you already in synch with the CU-SIS course schedule. If you have any problems, questions or challenges in preparing your online/hybrid courses, the TechTA team can help. Please send all requests to email@example.com or 303-315-6350 so we can keep proper track.
(5) Canvas Training: CU Online is offering a variety of training sessions this week and next. Here is a snapshot of their current schedule in Lawrence Street Center 1201.
- Canvas Essentials: 8/17: 11:30am- 1:00pm
- Canvas Essentials: 8/17: 5:30pm- 7:00pm
- Canvas Essentials: 8/19: 11:30am- 1:00pm
- Canvas Refresher: 8/17: 9:30am- 11:00am
- Open Lab: 8/18: 10:00am- 2:00pm