This case study tells the story of Red Bank, New Jersey's coherent P-3 approach to educating Dual Language Learners (DLLs) and preparing them for expanded life opportunities. This comprehensive P-3 approach is built upon the following:
- Expanding learning opportunities for young DLL students,
- Integrating P-3 curricula and instructional practices that develop mastery and self-regulation,
- Building intentional community partnerships that support a common goal of educating the whole child, and
- Implementing multiple-source assessment practices that drive curricula and instructional alignment and teacher quality.
Marietta, G. & Marietta, S. (2013). The promise of PreK-3rd: Promoting academic excellence for dual language learners in Red Bank Public Schools. New York: Foundation for Child Development.
- District-Level Perspectives
- New Jersey