SEHD Fiscal & Purchasing Information

Due to Becky’s retirement, her fiscal duties are being transferred to other staff.  This page will help you understand where to go when you need help with purchases, ordering food, registrations, etc.…

Making a Purchase

  1. All purchase requests should be submitted using the SEHD Procurement Request Form.
  2. You may also make the purchase yourself and request reimbursement (*restrictions apply, see below). ASAP after purchase (must be within 60 days of purchase), please email a copy of the receipt to Daisy Salazar and make sure the receipt has the following information: what the item was, the date, and the amount. Also include in your email the purpose for the purchase and the speedtype to be charged.  The reimbursement will be deposited in your bank account within two business days after it is approved through Concur.  Please contact Daisy with any questions. Please note: Any purchase that is not in compliance with University & SEHD policy will NOT be reimbursed. If you are unsure/have questions, please contact Daisy before making a purchase.
  3. For purchasing miscellaneous items such as books, other supplies (non-office supplies), etc., you may submit a purchase request (via the link above) or purchase it yourself and submit the expense for reimbursement.
  4. If you are making a purchase using PD funds, program funds or any other University funding source, please ensure the budgets have been approved and that there are funds available before anything is purchased. Please check with Daisy regarding your available funds.
  5. For PD funds, faculty members with the last name starting with A-L use speedtype 62000054. Faculty members with the last names of M-Z please use 62000055. For faculty members with hyphenated names please reference the fund of the second name. For example, John Smith-Baker would use 62000054.
  6. All IT/Tech related purchases must go through the SEHD Tech Team via the SEHD Procurement Request Form.



If you are a frequent traveler (3 or more trips/year), please see Daisy Salazar about obtaining a university travel card.
  1. First, please complete the travel authorization form. Daisy will ensure funds are available to cover the pending expense. Once this has been approved, you may move on to the next step and contact Christopherson.
  2. Air travel should be arranged through Christopherson by either contacting them directly or through Concur in the employee portal
  3. You will need to make your own arrangements for lodging.
  4. Conference Registrations
    1. To have your registration handled by SEHD, fill out this Conference Registration form prior to the conference. Registrations paid for by employees cannot be reimbursed until after the travel has been completed.
    2. If you want to be reimbursed for items such as hotel, taxis, shuttles, parking, etc., please keep your receipts and turn them in to Daisy when you return. Again, reimbursement cannot occur until after travel is completed. Please refer to the following link for more information/important travel guidelines
  5. Meals/food is reimbursed at the per diem rate only per university policy. There is no need to keep food receipts when traveling.  Per Diem rates can be found at the following link


Food Purchases

  1. All food purchases must be made according to university policy. This means that food cannot be ordered for the following types of events: program meetings, staff meetings, meetings with only SEHD personnel attending and going away parties (unless the person is retiring).  One time and irregular events may be approved by going through the Dean’s Office.  Please contact Christine Feagins for approval.  Any events that are not according to University Policy will constitute a personal expense that will NOT be reimbursed. If you have a P-card and make an unauthorized purchase, this will constitute a personal expense that will need to be paid back to the School.
  2. For small a dollar amount food purchase, you may purchase this yourself and submit to Daisy for reimbursement.
  3. For food purchases for official function events, please complete the SEHD Procurement Request Form or contact JáNet Hurt for assistance/with questions.
  4. All food purchases must be included in an approved budget or be approved (in writing) by the Dean’s Office.