Hello UCDenver Internship and Practicum Students,

-There are not any new site approvals New site approvals for the Spring are not longer being accepted.

–For those of you who (have not already done so) you will be completing your internship for the Spring, please provide that information to me, as I need to approve the placements (even though they are approved sites) in the event that there have been any changes at the site. For example, some sites have recently lost their approved supervisor etc… I need to make sure that the site still meets requirements.

–The faculty is approving Private Practice placements on a case-by-case basis, so if you are wanting to add a private practice to your internship experience, then you need to submit a request (at least one week prior to the faculty’s next program meeting (program meetings take place Fall & Spring the second Wednesday of the month)) to me and I will work with the faculty to determine if it is an appropriate placement. There are private practice sites on the Approved list; however, all private practice sites need additional approval per student. It is unlikely a student will be able to do their entire internship at a private practice site. It is more likely a student will be approved to have a private practice site as a secondary site, with another site that is not a private practice.

For those of you at Private Practice sites, who are already working at your internship sites and continuing from this semester to next, then you do not need to obtain additional approval.

–For those of you who are wanting to be at your internship site between semesters and accrue hours, then you MUST arrange to obtain supplemental supervision from a licensed full-time UCD faculty or Staff member. The supplemental supervision contract can be found in the Internship Manual, as well as on the Internship Website(http://sehd.ucdenver.edu/cpce-internships/). Please DO NOT wait until the last minute to do this, as once summer hits people may be unavailable or on vacation. Those who do not obtain supplemental supervision between semesters will not be able to count ANY of their hours accrued during that time, so please be pro-active about this.

Ok, I hope this helps. Again, if you have any questions you can contact me, I just wanted to remind you of a few important points as we near the end of the semester.

Be well,
Dr.Gentile

A few things to remember …